Monday, May 14, 2007

Blog inspiration

Isn't that a beautiful family! These are some of our very best friends, with a blanket I made for the newest member of their family.

The blanket they are nestled in was inspired by the log cabin madness of Mason Dixon Knitting, along with the Scrappy Blanket at Philacraft. Blogs like those are a big part of the inspiration for my own blog.

Yes, I know it's bright...babies like bright colors, right?

It was simple to do, and I loved watching all those bright colors come together, not to mention reducing my stash of yarn. I gathered yarn in yellows, oranges, and reds, made 6 log cabin squares using colors pretty much at random, knitted a strip of orange for the middle, then crocheted them all together. For the back, I used three different fabrics, with a red fabric binding all the way around, using the same binding technique as Philacraft used in the Scrappy blanket.

Since I don't have any finished objects for my 45th year to share with you yet, I thought I'd take a moment to share one from my past. I should have one(small)FO to share by the end of the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowie. Has Cristina seen this? Wowie!!

Cristina said...

So warm and inviting, Julie! I love all that red--very auspicious for your 45th year. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Anonymous said...

love the blanket!!!

Julie said...

thanks!! it's defnitely one of my personal favorites!